Bears, Buffalo, and Elk oh My!
This was the anticipated trip of our summer. We decided to tell the kids back in April so......it was a long time to wait, and it seemed to take even longer to get there. It was an adventure for our family since we have never been that far North. We decided to explore the untamed wilderness of Yellowstone Park. Being the outdoor family that we are, we stayed in West Yellowstone at a motel. (Four nights in a 4 person tent did not sound very appealing.) The pool was a hit with Alec. Charlie and I decided we could of saved a lot of money by staying in a hotel in Lehi with a pool considering that is all Alec wanted to do. Charlie's parents met us there and we had a great time. We spent Monday doing the Old Faithful Loop. I will spare you all the Geyser pictures, after a while they all look and SMELL alike. We saw and photographed several buffalo that day since it was the first time I have seen any up close and in the "wild". One of our favorite places is the "Grand Canyon" of Yellowstone. It is absolutely beautiful and we enjoy all the waterfalls along that hike. Tuesday we headed to the North end of Yellowstone to search out more hot spots and the chance photo opp of a bear. This is also were we did our 2 hour horseback ride. WOW can I say sore behind! I guess the "untamed wilderness" is not meant to be explored on the back of a horse. Cowboy Schmowboy! Here on this ranch the had a Zorse (half horse half zebra) for real. No more pictures of buffalo were taken this day. They are not as rare as you think when you see them all the time. We did spot a grizzly bear and that was pretty neat. We had a great time hiking, taking pictures, smelling the Geysers, seeing the mudpots, viewing waterfalls, swimming, and spending time with Grandma Susan and Grandpa Frank. On Wednesday we headed out.
We stopped outside Rexburg Idaho and went to Bear World. Here is where we were able to see many bears and other animals like an albino dear. We also stopped at Lava Hot Springs on the way home. We spent the next 6 hours at the pool and it was a great place to end our trip. I love traveling as a family and look forward for our next adventure.


7 comments:
I love all of the pictures and your stories! So much fun reading your blog, Monica. I am so glad you had such a great time. I haven't been to Yellowstone for forever and you make me want to go again!! Fun fun fun btw...I hate camping too....I would have done the same thing with the hotel! :)
So fun! We did Yellowstone last year...and the hotel thing also! A must! Our favorite was the grand canyon of Yellowstone too! So beautiful! Didn't you just love bear world!? Funny about Alec...my kids still talk about swimming at our hotel more than anything else too! LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!
Wow, I can't believe how close you got to the animals. Great pictures :)
Wow! Horseback riding, albino deer, stinky mud pots- more than any one vacation should offer;0 It's really amazing to be in nature and see the wildlife up-close and personal. Makes you thank God for all the beauty.
Did I mention I'm so excited you're blogging! Talk about wild- J
YooHoo! Missing you.
What else will you be showing us?
Can't wait-
Time for my monthly reminder that I'm eager to hear about your life! Hope we get to hang...
What fun adventures your family gets to experience. I hope it is okay that I found you from the Nagels site. Your blog is so creative. It was fun to see all the pics. Hope you and your family is doing well. Have a beautiful night.
Ashly Lisonbee
Post a Comment